St Laurence’s Church
The parish church of St Laurence is situated off the B4100 near Aunt Em’s Lane. Services are held on the second Sunday of each month at 9.15am. The ground stage of the tower, which retains two original windows in the north & south walls, is Saxon, probably 10th century. The chancel and nave are late 12th century and the early 12th century font has a tub shaped bowl with blind arcading.
Standing in an oak frame at the base of the tower is an early 13th century bell which is one of the three oldest inscribed bells in the country dating between 1216 and 1219. There are many interesting brasses and memorials in the church and there are war graves in the churchyard from the Second World War.
Located in the Grounds of Caversfield House, Caversfield, Oxfordshire, OX27 8TQ. Parking is available in Home Farm drive on the opposite side of the B4100.
The Church is part of the benefice of St Edburg’s in Bicester and the Parish Office telephone number is 01869 323375